Taking Back America

…one post at a time

Tag Archives: McDonald’s

Creepy Ronald McDonald

Mashable
By Andrea Romano | 29 December 2015

ronald-mcdonald

If you came across this Ronald McDonald on the street, you would not be lovin’ it.

According to Redditor Emblematic_, this Ronald statue was looming over passersby in a McDonald’s with a Conference Centre in Bateman’s Bay in New South Wales, Australia.

The once cheerful giver of burgers and fries looks ominous and downright creepy with the dingy glow of the light seemingly coming up from the floor below him like he’s about to tell us a spooky campfire story. It’s almost like he’s summoning the dark clouds in the photo.

If you weren’t afraid of clowns before, perhaps now is the time to start.

But people on the Internet are coping with their fear in the only way they know how: with a hilarious Photoshop battle.
 
Continue reading
 

Layoffs

mcdonaldsMcDonald’s lays off 70 American accountants from Ohio and gives their jobs to foreign workers as part of cost-cutting exercise
21 Sept 2016
McDonald’s has laid off 70 native-born employees from Ohio and filled their positions with contracted workers who entered the country on H-1B visas.
A spokesperson for McDonald’s told Breitbart that the company decided to lay off the 70 Americans in order to save costs.
What is most striking about the news, is that the fast food chain is outsourcing jobs that are considered ‘mainstream white-collar positions’ like accounting.
The significance of this development is that American companies are increasingly turning to cheaper labor from foreign countries in order to man positions in all corners of the economy, and not just hi-tech and software firms.
‘[This] is not just a Silicon Valley thing anymore, it is happening all over’ the US, Steve Camarota, head of research at the Center for Immigration Studies, told Breitbart.
There are now over 800,000 ‘guest workers’ in the US who have been hired to do ‘white-collar temporary jobs.’ Of them, 650,000 are here on an H-1B multi-year visa.
GOP nominee Donald Trump (right) has said he would ban the H-1B visa program, while Hillary Clinton (left) backs green cards to foreigners who graduate in the US with STEM degrees
‘To deliver $500 million in savings, the vast majority by the end of 2017, we are restructuring many aspects of our business, including an accounting function,’ the spokesperson, Terri Hickey, said.
 
Obama Kept His Promise, 83,000 Coal Jobs Lost And 400 Mines Shuttered
By Andrew Follett | 5 Sept 2016
This Labor Day, America has 83,000 fewer coal jobs and 400 coal mines than it did when Barack Obama was elected in 2008, showing that the president has followed through on his pledge to “bankrupt” the coal industry.
A 2015 study found the coal industry lost 50,000 jobs from 2008 to 2012 during Obama’s first term. During Obama’s second term, the industry employment in coal mining has fallen by another 33,300 jobs, 10,900 of which occurred in the last year alone, according to federal data. Currently, coal mining employs 69,460 Americans, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Much of the blame for the job losses is targeted at federal regulations aimed at preventing global warming, which caused coal power plants to go bankrupt, resulting in a sharp decline in the price of coal.
 
Read more of this post

Insanity | Neglect, Abuse, Rape, Murder of Children

victoria-martens

Mother, boyfriend and cousin are arrested for brutal rape and murder of girl who was injected with meth, stabbed, strangled, dismembered and set on fire on her 10th birthday

On the day a girl was going to celebrate her 10th birthday, she was found murdered in her family’s apartment in New Mexico by police officers, her dismembered remains wrapped in a burning blanket.

Mother ‘stood by and watched’
The scene Wednesday morning in apartment number 808 of the Arroyo Villas complex was like something out of a horror movie. A man and a woman had allegedly drugged a little girl, then raped, killed and dismembered her.
Most would expect the girl’s mother to fight with everything she had to save her daughter. But Michelle Martens, according to her own reported account to police, is not that kind of mother.
In her statement to police, it appears that Martens wanted to watch as her boyfriend, Fabian Gonzales, 31, and his cousin Jessica Kelley, 31, raped her 10-year-old daughter Victoria Martens before killing her and trying to dispose of her body.

Mother of 10-year-old girl found dismembered on her birthday ‘offered her daughter to be raped by strangers online and by colleagues’
The mother of a 10-year-old New Mexico girl found dead and dismembered told police she sought men online and at work to sexually assault her daughter.
Michelle Martens told police that she had set up encounters with at least three men to sexually assault her daughter, Victoria Martens, the Albuquerque Journal  reported.
Michelle, 35, told investigators that one of the men was a co-worker. Two others she met online, including Fabian Gonzales, 31. He was to be the last.

Read more of this post

Insanity | Assault and Murder

Pictured in cuffs: Twenty-year-old who ‘shot woman dead through her EYE because she told him to stop grinding on her’ at Brooklyn J’Ouvert festival
This is New York man accused of shooting a graduate student dead on Monday because she objected to him grinding on her at a Caribbean culture carnival.
Reginald Moise, seen here being walked to his arraignment at Brooklyn Central Booking Wednesday, is alleged to have gunned down 22-year-old Tiarah Poyau at Brooklyn’s J’Ouvert festival.
Poyau was shot through the eye after telling a man ‘Get off me,’ while walking with friends, cops said. Moise, 20, has been charged with her murder.

blanchard

Army supervisor and mother-of-three, 26, is fighting for her life after she was set on fire ‘by a disgruntled employee whom she feared’
A civilian employee at an Army hospital at Fort Leavenworth in Kansas has been charged with dousing his boss with gasoline and setting her alight in a shocking attack that left the victim clinging to life.
The incident took place last Wednesday at the Munsion Army Health Center, where federal investigators say the suspect, 54-year-old Clifford Currie, assaulted his supervisor, 26-year-old First Lt Katie Ann Blanchard.
Blanchard, a married mother of three boys, all under the age of five, suffered third- and fourth-degree burns to her head, neck, back, arms and hands, according to the description of a GoFundMe campaign launched by her friend.

 

Read more of this post

Video of Young Mother Being Pummeled and Beaten So Disturbing Police Called It ‘Physically Sickening to Watch’ (UPDATE: Mother Speaks Out)

From The Blaze
Jun. 26, 2014 1:21pm   |   By

Editor’s Note: 

Be sure to read the update to this story at the bottom of the page, which includes a new video with comments from the beating victim.


 
Police are looking for a woman shown on raw video brutally beating a mother in front of a crowd of onlookers — some of whom are seen recording the incident on their cellphones — while the victim’s toddler son was the lone individual who attempted to intervene.
 
Image source: LiveLeak
 
Catherine Ferreira looks down at her son Xzavion, 2,
 
Read more of this post

MCDONALD’S INSTALLS AUTOMATED CASHIERS: BEATS MINIMUM WAGE, OBAMACARE

Gun misfires, prevents possible mass shooting at Fort Worth McDonald’s

From Star-Telegram
Posted Thursday, Sep. 26, 2013  | By Deanna Boyd

GI0NM37F.4

FORT WORTH — A potential mass shooting at a fast-food restaurant was averted Tuesday night when a would-be robber’s gun malfunctioned as he pulled the trigger multiple times, police said.

When the gunman stepped outside and tried again, shots rang out, prompting one officer to suggest that divine intervention played a role in the outcome.

Fort Worth police say surveillance video captured the man pulling the trigger at least five times as he pointed his gun at people inside the McDonald’s at 4800 South Freeway while demanding their property.

Read more of this post

You Want Fries With That?

McDonald’s Literally Cannot Imagine How Its Workers Would Survive on the Minimum Wage

I can’t imagine it either…

By Jordan Weissmann | The Atlantic – 16 July 2013
 
Well this is both embarrassing and deeply telling.

In what appears to have been a gesture of goodwill gone haywire, McDonald’s recently teamed up with Visa to create a financial planning site for its low-pay workforce. Unfortunately, whoever wrote the thing seems to have been literally incapable of imagining of how a fast food employee could survive on a minimum wage income. As ThinkProgress and other outlets have reported, the site includes a sample budget that, among other laughable assumptions, presumes that workers will have a second job.
 
mcdonaldssamplemonthlybudget.jpg

Read more of this post